Monday, August 3, 2009

Honest Scrap Award



You see the badge. It's an honor and a burden. I "won" the Honest Scrap award by doing nothing.

I think Tommie Lynn, on the occasion of her 65th birthday, dropped the (non) coveted award on my unsuspecting head, as a way of jabbing at the world on her special day. So jabbed as I am, the rules of Honest Scrap are that I must share eight things about myself and nominate a bushel of other people to the lofty heights of Scrap.

1) I am absolutely no one. It's true. Nobody is here and you're reading his words.

2) I have an aversion to "going along" with things. My life has been a never ending series of events wherein I refuse to take the road most often traveled. The people that are closest, often refuse to wander the well trod paths, also.

3) I love Baseball. It's a beautiful game that gives me much pleasure. From the last day of the World Series, to the 15th of February, I patiently await the return of my game. All is well in the world once the baseball-ers are back at work.

4) For several years I sang opera and loved it. In the background is a recording of Gilbert and Sullivan. Figaro in The Marriage of Figaro, Escamillo in Carmen, Pooh-Bah in The Mikado and others. Once in a great while, I sing out a line or two of a part I once sang.

5) Politics has been a fascination since high school. Over the years, I worked with some relatively important people. Though I remember them, I am sure they do not have such keen memories of me.

6) I drive a Toyota Prius. Yes. I'm a hybrid kind of guy. I love the gas mileage and its zippy.

7) Once upon a time I was a policeman back in NY.

8) I'm married to the smartest, long suffering, woman that ever lived.

In the interest of harmony, I will name a very short list of new recipients.

Lynn Mosher Heading Home http://lynnmosher.blogspot.com/

Tasha Reed Endless Writings http://endlesswritings.blogspot.com/

Ginger Takamiya Christian Romance Magazine http://www.christianromancemagazine.com/Christian-Romance-blog.html

Linda Yezak 777 Peppermint Place http://lindayezak.wordpress.com/

2 comments:

  1. Nuh-uh, Sweet Pea! I already got zapped once! I bared my soul and confessed my sins in a post called "Eight Truths About Me" over on 777 Peppermint Place.

    But it's great seeing this about you: an opera-singing NY cop! Did they base the first "Law and Order" cop after you? No, wait . . . he was Italian.

    If only Ginger would rise to the challenge--I'll be there to giggle!!!

    (Thanks for thinking of me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to see the award continuing to wander. And nice to bask in the safety of having already answered it.

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter
Poker Blog